From Android Wiki
|Line 131:||Line 131:|
[[Custom Android Roms]]
[[Custom Android Roms]]
Revision as of 09:13, 31 January 2013
|Original Phone|| ADP|
|Change Log||CyanogenMod Changelog|
|Last updated: 2009-06-11|
CyanogenMod is a custom ROM based on Android 1.5r2 focusing on performance and reliability, with some additional features.
- Based on AOSP 1.5r2 with some help from JF-1.51-ADP
- Enhanced ramdisk to mount partitions with noatime/nodiratime (perf boost)
- Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems! (3.3)
- Apps2SD via AUFS (same as UnionFS) enabled by default! (3.3)
- Includes script to upgrade to ext3 (from recovery mode, see FAQ)
- Uses Ext3 for Apps2SD
- Includes HTC Framework libraries
- Includes PDFViewer and Teeter
- Includes latest HTC_IME with long-press, calibration, and compact QWERTY.
- Modified Launcher to allow for sensor-based rotation that actually works.
- Sexy pattern-lock from Sapphire
- Added modifications to remount filesystems readonly at shutdown, and fsck at boot (should stop FS corruption)
- Includes T-Mobile IM application and Amazon MP3
- Does not require the "special" SPL
- Optimized kernel (no debug options, cfq iosched) (3.3)
- Includes Haykuro's APN list
- Tweaked frequency scaling options to be more responsive
- Maximum CPU scaling frequency set to 528MHz (3.3)
(v3.4 - stable, updated 6/7):
(v3.2 - previous stable version, updated 5/28):
Audio resources (unzip to your SD card)
Permission Fixer (in case you have problems with force-closes and missing apps after a no-wipe upgrade)
Pimped out recovery image
Changes in v3.4
- Minor kernel tweaks
- Fix perms on /data/app in update-script
- Include fix_permissions
- Marking as stable
Changes in v3.3.8
- Revert volume profile to default. You can install it yourself from Meltus' thread
Changes in v3.3.7
- No longer autoconverts to ext3. A script is included to do it from recovery mode (see FAQ).
- Fix for USB headset no longer breaks other things (speakerphone works now)
- Include Android VK with correct dictionary.
- Updated volume profile from Meltus.
Changes in v3.3.6
- Better mount options for AUFS
- Enable K extensions for ARM6 in kernel
- USB headset adapter fix for real
- Meltus' V4 volume profile
- Fix HTC_IME calibration
Changes in v3.3.5
- Switch from UnionFS to AUFS
- Use CFQ iosched
- Tweak frequency scaling options for better responsiveness
- USB headset fix
- Permission fixes for A2SD
Changes in v3.3.4
- Updated kernel to latest minor patchset (126.96.36.199)
- Bump scaling_max_freq to 528MHz
- Fix shutdown from inside applications (new system uses a service)
- Make sure certain system directories that need to be on internal memory aren't created thru unionfs
- Moved a2sd scripts so they don't get overwritten.
- Apps2SD startup should be more reliable now
Changes in v3.3.3
- Fix permission problems that can cause "insufficient space" errors in Market.
Changes in v3.3.2
- Automatically checks and converts your ext2 partition to ext3
- Use RIL from the Ion. Too many problems with the foreign version.
- Fixes for Apps2SD- make sure /data/system doesn't end up in the wrong place (boot loop!)
Changes in v3.3.1
- Revert RIL settings
- Allow for a ".nounion" file in /system/sd or /data to disable UnionFS
- Fix copy_dir issue when flashing
Changes in v3.3:
- Updated, optimized kernel
- Includes E2FSProgs
- Added AmazonMP3 and updated YouTube
- Tweaked RIL settings
- Apps2SD via UnionFS by default
- Automatically FSCK Ext partitions on boot
Changes in v3.2:
- Updated RIL
- Removed SkyInternational widget to save space
- Added "louder" volume profile from Meltus
Changes in v3.1:
- Fixed Bluetooth in libandroid_runtime.so (sorry!)
- Readded the default Android VK as an option.
- Added koxx's SkyInternational widget.