From Android Wiki
Android Wiki Rules
Nothing illegal is permitted to be posted here. Articles are to be written in the third person, and no one user should claim ownership of an article. A somewhat-neutral point of view should be maintained, but since we are not the wikipedia, this isn't crucial. This is a technical wiki - so the most important thing is that the details are technically correct. Anything you download here will be used at your own risk. This is just a central place to find these files, not a proven test ground for them. All downloads were created by a 3rd party and are just hosted here for simplicity.
Android normal stuff
- OTA Updates - Over The Air updates for the G1
- G1 USB Host - Does the G1 really have USB host capability? Edit me!
- G1 Tethering - Tethering the G1 to your PC/laptop. Edit me!
- Building the Android Platform - How to build the Android Platform. Edit me!
- Building the HTC Dream Platform - building the specific HTC dream open source tree
- Debian on G1 - Debian can be built to run on the G1 (side by side with android, not replacing). Edit me!
Android hacking stuff
- Rooting Android - How to get root on Android up to RC29
- Compiling for Android - How to cross-compile for android
- Android uids and guids - List if uids and suids for android
- Preventing OTA Updates - How to prevent OTA updates from locking your phone down
- Boot Modifiers - List of what keys affect the boot process and where they take you.
- HOWTO: Unpack, Edit, and Re-Pack Boot Images